January 24, 2011

In the Knitting Basket


Take a peek at this luscious yarn by madelinetosh.  Mmmmm...it's really even more beautiful in person.  I made the Honey Cowl in Baltic and gave it to my blonde-haired blue-eyed niece.  I'm kicking myself now for not taking a photo to show you.  


The short version (22 inches in length) of the Honey Cowl can be made with one skein of yarn.  I think I deleted a few rows in order to do that, but it worked out just fine.  It's an easy pattern :: just knits, purls and slip stitches.  If I can do it so can you, seriously.


My second Honey Cowl is on the needles now.  This color is Bark, very warm and fall-like.  I may keep it for myself to wear with my black winter coat.  I love to wear brown and black together.  Do you know what else I love?  Climbing into bed with my knitting needles and my favorite buckwheat hull pillow.  More on the pillow another day.